Sunday, October 11, 2009

Tadaa!

Its wonderful how you can click a button and suddenly you have a new house so to speak on the internet , just brilliant isn't it , I wish real estate was that easy :). Anyway this is intended to be a blog to foster intellectual discussion on the field of software and its various facets.

Notice the emphasis is on discussion so I need you to help make this a discussion instead of a soliloquy of one. A quick background is that I have been in computing in various shapes and forms for as long as I can remember, which isn't very long , however I believe that I have the right mix of optimism that the software industry can be better and the "youthful exuberance" to believe that I can be part of the positive change in the industry.

I have no ideas of grandiose and I am ever willing to learn so let the games begin. I will be starting by commencing a series of weekly discourses of what I think are interesting papers and research and sharing my opinions and hopefully you will spare a little time to help enrich the space that is this blog.

The initial discussion is on the paper "No Silver Bullet - Essence and Accidents of Software Engineering" by Fred Brooks. I think it lays foundational and fundamental assertions that make for an interesting look at the industry and where its coming from.

No comments:

Post a Comment